Author: Furqan Reisen Serve: 12 Time: 50′
for the cupcakes:
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup soft unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup butter milk
- 3 larg eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup diced strawberrries
For the frosting:
- 1 cup soft unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 3 tablespoon fresh strawberry puree (can be replaced with strawberry jam)
- few drops of red food coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a bowl add in the butter and the sugar and mix with a mixer until fluffy.
Add in the eggs one at a time while mixing in between then add the vanilla extract.
Add the butter milk and mix.
In a seperate bowl sift the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soad and mix them together.
Add the flour mixture to the batter and fold it untill well combined.
Fold in the diced strawberrries.
Pour the batter in a muffin pan lined with muffin papares to fill them about 3/4 the way to the top.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for about 20 minutes.
For the frosting add the butter to a bowl and whisk until flufy and pale.
Add in the powder sugar and mix then add the strawberry puree and mix.
Pipe the frosting on the cupcakes after they completely coold out then decorate with a topping of your choosing.