Author: NotARoyalFan1 Servings: 6 Time: 3.5 h
- 1 lb of raw shrimp (shell off & deveined)
- 1 cucumber (peeled, sliced)
- 1 roma tomato (sliced)
- 1/2 purple onion (sliced)
- avocado slices
- tortilla chips or tostadas
- Lime juice (12 limes)
- 3 serrano peppers (stems removed)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (stems removed)
- 1 habanero pepper (stem removed)
- 1/2 cilantro bunch
- 1 tsp salt
1. Wash raw shrimp. Make sure to remove any veins and cut them lengthwise.
2. Place shrimp in a shallow dish.
3. Add all the marinade ingredients to the blender until smooth (about a minute).
4. Pour marinade over shrimp and mix.
5. Thinly slice cucumber, onion and tomato and add over shrimp. Mix them in slightly over shrimp.
6. Refrigerate for about 3 hours, best served cold.
7. Serve in a bowl to eat with tortilla chips or over a tostada. Add avocado slices.
Taste with tortilla chips or tostadas to see if it needs more salt but usually the chips/tostadas have plenty of salt to balance taste.