Author: Tanisha E Serves: 6-8 Time: 10′ prep+ 30-40′
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup whole or non dairy milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Zest from 1 1/2 oranges
- Juice from one orange
- 2 tbs fresh thyme or basil chopped
Preheat oven to 350F.
Pour all wet ingredients into mixer and combine together.
Add almonds, salt, and baking powder to wet ingredients and mix.
Then add flour 1/4 cup at a time until completely combined with wet ingredients.
Grease a baking pan and place parchment paper in pan making sure it sticks to butter or oil. Pour cake batter in pan.
Squeeze a bit of honey on top and spread a little thin layer. Place in over and bake on 350F for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick come away clean