Author: Beng Levi Serves: 12 pcs Time: 20′
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- Salt & pepper
- Oil (for frying)
- 1/2 tspn Cayenne powder (optional)
-In a bowl, combine all the ingredients: chicken, beaten egg, mayo, cheese, cornstarch, salt & pepper. (Cayenne powder is optional. Remove if you don’t like it spicy)
– Mix until well combined. Add cornstrach if the mixture is wet and runny.
– Heat oil in a pan and drop a heaping spoon of meat mixture. Press lightly to flatten the mixture (or form your desired shape).
– Fry the nuggets (on medium heat) on each side until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve while hot.
(Tips: why mayonaise? It makes white meat like chicken breast & fish moist and tender when fried on high heat. Cornstarch makes the breading crispy compared to flour.)