Author: Macarena Serves: 9 Truffles Time: ’20 + 2h of Refrigerating
Thank you note! I am dedicating this recipe to all our front line workers during this on going pandemic. I cannot imagine what it is to be in your shoes, I am with you and cannot thank you enough for your amazing work, you are the real heroes. So THANK YOU once again for risking your lives, leaving your families behind or not spending as much time as you used to or for your sleepless nights. YOU ARE AMAZING and don’t forget to take care of YOURSELF, you matter as much as everyone else does. Now for the fun part, some delicious chocolate chip truffles to keep your energy up, let’s start!
- 6 ounces of over baked chocolate chip cookies (they need to be crunchy and not chewy)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or vegetable shortening works too
- 1 cup of your favourite chocolate!
- Crush cookies. I used a food processor but you can also put them in a bag and crunch them with a rolling pin until you have crumbs. (The thinner the better)
- Then add the Cream Cheese and mix it all until the mixture holds together (expect the mixture to be be a dark colour).
- Make 1-inch balls, and put them in the freezer for at least 1-2h, until balls are completely chilled and cold
- To continue, we are going to melt our chocolate with the coconut oil for 1min stirring every 15sec.
- Now the fun part! Dip the balls in the chocolate and the chocolate should harden in 1-2min if the dough was cold enough. (If they don’t it’s completely fine just dip it in chocolate and put them in the fridge until chocolate is hard)
- Finally, take your favourite chocolate, melt it with some coconut oil and sprinkle over the truffles
- BON APPETIT and THANK YOU for your work !!!