Author: Beng Levy Serves: 9-10 biscuits Time: 20′
- 2 -1/4 cups Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tspn baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tspn salt
- 2 tspn vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate
• Preheat oven to 350°F.
• In a bowl, whisk the flour and baking soda; set aside. In a mixer using paddle attachment, combine butter & sugars (white & brown); beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
• Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
(Tip: if the cookie batter becomes soft & sticky, chill it in the fridge until you get the “dry-mud” texture)
• Scoop about 115 gms of cookie dough and form into a ball. Place in a baking sheets lined with parchment paper, 3″ apart from each other.
• Bake 10-13 minutes until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
(Note: this batch can make approx 9-10 cookies at 5″ diameter each. You can bake in staggered quantity and reserve the rest of the batter in the fridge)