Author: BengLevy Serves: 4 Time: 10’prep+15′
• Sift flour into a bowl, add baking powder and salt. Mix well and set aside.
• Beat eggs, add milk and oil. Beat for another minute.
• Add flour mixture to egg mixture. Beat until smooth.
• In a pan, heat oil on medium (oil should be just enough to fry one side of the banana).
• Dip 2 slices of banana in batter, fry in oil until golden brown.
• When done, scoop up and transfer on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
• Roll bananas in sugar, OR sprinkle with powdered sugar.
( Notes: For a crispier fritters, replace 1/4 of flour with cornstarch)
‘Maruya’ (banana fritters) is a comfort snack popular in the Philippines due to the abundance of Plantain bananas.