Author: Beng Levy Time: 4h prep+ 15′
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tspn vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1/4 cup powder sugar (for coating)
• In a bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, sugar & oil. Add eggs, mixing one at a time, until fully blended. Add vanilla extract & mix.
• In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder & salt. Stir a little bit to combine, then add gradually to the wet mixture then mix just until a dough forms (do not over beat). Cover bowl with wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
• When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F | 175°C. Line cookie sheets or baking trays with parchment paper (baking paper). Roll 1 tablespoonful of dough into balls for smaller cookies, or 2 tablespoonfuls for larger cookies.
• Add the confectioners (icing) sugar to a smaller bowl. Generously and evenly coat each ball of dough in confectioners’ sugar and place onto prepared cookie sheets.
• Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes (for small cookies) or 12 minutes (for larger cookies). The cookies will come out soft from the oven but will harden up as they cool.
• Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
• Enjoy! 🥰
Happy Holidays, Happy New Year!! Sharing with the squad this simple & delectable crinkle cookies…I personally love it when cookies don’t use butter, minimizing the cholesterol spike
..In the picture, I used Flaxseed Oil, but you can use any vegetable oil you prefer.