Author: SussexDaily Time: 40’/45′
- 2 to 3 lbs chicken (breast/tenderloin sliced pulled apart)
- 2 cups sliced sausage, spicy/jalapeno
- 1 cup shrimp
- chicken broth, 48/60 oz
- 2 tbl butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chillies
- 2 cups cut okra, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 to 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 to 1 black pepper
- salt to taste
Melt butter in skillet on medium heat. Stir in onions, bell pepper and cellery.
Cook for approximately 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add broth, cans of tomatoes, chicken, sausage, okra, corn, green pepper, cayenne pepper, black pepper and broth.
Bring to a small boil over medium-high heat. Taste test for saltiness. The broth alone may be enough.
Add salt, if needed. Cook for 30 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add shrimp and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Serve with rice
Note: add tabasco or hot sauce for more spiciness to your liking