“bathed in a sugar made caramel and solidified into lumps”.
- 1 cup of peanuts or almonds (I use raw red skin peanuts, It’s important that they don’t have any other flavor in them)
- 2/3 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1) Mix 2/3 cups of sugar, 1/2 cup of water and turn the heat to medium or medium-high. Use whatever non stick pot you have that provides the most even heat. I have one with super thick walls and it’s perfect. Right after it boils, add 1 cup of peanuts or almonds (only two I’ve ever tried, peanuts being my favorite) and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix well and let the water reduce, stirring occasionally.
2) When most of the water has evaporated, keep stirring and do not leave! The moment you see the mix is pretty dry, remove from the heat and keep stirring.
3) It’ll turn like this
4) Keep stirring the mix until all the nuts are coated and all the extra sugar looks kind of powdery.
5) Back to the heat! Still on medium or medium high, keep the mix moving and you’ll soon see how the loose sugar starts to caramelize.
6) Mix, mix, mix until you coat everything in that delicious caramel.
7) You’ll inevitably end up with some lighter areas, but when you see that most of the nuts are coated and they’re that caramel color, remove from the heat and pour on a baking sheet. Spread the nuts a bit so don’t end up with huge lumps.
8) When they’re cool enough to touch, break the nuts apart and remove any chunks of pure sugar that might be mixed in there. Place them in a bowl and enjoy!
TQ for sharing new receipe
LikeLiked by 1 person