Author: Danielle Starr Serves: 4 Time: 35′
- * 2 pounds of flank steak cut against grain into thin slices
- * 2 bell peppers cut into bite size pieces
- * 1 large onion
- * 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 thumb size ginger minced
- * 6 tablespoons oil (1/3 for marinade, 1/3 for stir frying of steak, 1/3 for stir frying vegetables)
- * 1&1/2 tablespoon of honey
- * 1/2 tablespoon chicken seasoning (substitute with all purpose seasoning)
- * Pinch each of crushed black pepper for marinade, and slurry
- * 1/2 cup of water
- * 2 tablespoon of soy sauce (1/2 light and 1/2 dark)
- * 3 tablespoons corn starch (1/2 for marinade, 1/2 for slurry)
Marinate meat for 20-30 minutes prior to cooking. Place skillet on medium heat, add oil, wait till oil is sizzling hot and place steak in batches, spread out in pan for 2 minutes on each side, to obtain a sear/caramelization.
Transfer cooked steak to a bowl to stop cooking. Repeat this process till all steak is cooked.
Proceed with cooking vegetables in a wok by adding remaining oil to wok in high heat.
Add remaining garlic and ginger, crushed black pepper and salt, stir and cook for under 30 seconds. Add vegetables and cook to your preferred crunch/done-ess. I cooked the vegetables not 1 minute.
Add slurry (combination of water, corn starch, soy sauce, garlic and ginger), stir till thickened. Add cooked steak and stir to combine. Remove wok from heat and serve with rice.
Story of the recipe
I am subscribed to Nanaabas kitchen on youtube.
I am fan of her recipes on youtube and this recipe is hers. I put the link here from the video: https://youtu.be/9gNzCbOgumw.
I watch youtube and cook the recipes I love from there.
I got more into cooking in 2018 after I was in a car accident and unable to work. I had to stay with my oldest son while I was recovering. I was depressed and bored so I started watching cooking videos an Nanaaba’s is one of my favorites.
Cooking and crafting kept me sane those 10 months I stayed with my son in LA.
I am back home in AZ now and working and still cooking. I love to crochet and knit and watch videos for that as well.