MEGHAN MARKLE’S FAVOURITE RECIPES
We’ve paused for few days the pubblication of #sussexsquad’s recipe, but don’t worry! We celebrate Meghan’s birthday and so we suggest to take a look to her favourite recipes! Take inspiration!
Consider to participate to our GIVE-AWAY, follow this link to all details. You can win 1 of 3 “Together-our community cookbook“
Dont’ forget we have a foundraiser #inspiredByMeghan running till the 15th of september, help sub-african girls to go to school, follow this link and donate!!
NOW THE RECIPE OF TODAY
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Season the cavities of the Cornish game hens with salt and pepper and insert half a shallot, a garlic clove, and a sage leaf into each. Place ½ tablespoon of the butter in the cavity of each bird as well.
- Rub the birds with the olive oil and season the breasts with salt and pepper. Place a sage leaf on the back of each bird and drape each with 3 or 4 slices of the pancetta.
- Roast for 45 to 50 minutes. Halfway through roasting, remove the pancetta from the breasts of the birds and place it beside them.
- Baste the birds with the roasting juices and continue to cook for the remaining time. To check if they are cooked, stab the birds in the thickest part of the thigh with a skewer. If the juice runs clear, then they are done.
- Remove the birds from the oven, together with the pancetta, and place them on a warm plate to rest.
- Set the roasting pan on the stove top over medium heat. When the juices in the pan begin to bubble, pour in the wine.
- Deglaze the pan, scraping up any residue, and cook until the liquid has reduced by half. Serve with the reduced pan jus on the side.