MEGHAN MARKLE’S FAVOURITE RECIPES
We’ve paused for few days the pubblication of #sussexsquad’s recipe, but don’t worry! We celebrate Meghan’s birthday and so we suggest to take a look to her favourite recipes! Take inspiration!
Consider to participate to our GIVE-AWAY, follow this link to all details. You can win 1 of 3 “Together-our community cookbook“
Dont’ forget we have a foundraiser #inspiredByMeghan running till the 15th of september, help sub-african girls to go to school, follow this link and donate!!
NOW THE RECIPE OF TODAY
- Place a large pot of water over high heat for cooking the pasta. While the water is heating, prepare the beet water you will use later by combining the beets and water in a blender. Transfer the beet water to another large pot. Begin heating the pot holding the beet water over high heat.
- When the first pot of salted water has reached a boil, add the pasta and cook it according to the package directions until it is about 2-3 minutes shy of being done. Then drain the pasta and place it in the now-boiling beet water. Continue cooking it until it is al dente—2-3 minutes more. Drain the pasta and rinse it off to get rid of any beet pulp stuck to the noodles.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the lemon ricotta garnish by thoroughly mixing the ricotta cheese and lemon zest. Set this mixture aside for later.
- After the pasta is done, drain it and toss it with the pesto (directions below). Serve garnished with the lemon ricotta mixture, pine nuts and arugula.
Brown Butter Arugula Pesto
- In a medium pot over medium heat, melt the butter and cook it until browned—about 5 minutes (Watch my How to Brown Butter video). Add the smashed garlic and cook it until fragrant—about 1 minute. Then turn off the heat and let this mixture cool.
- Once the browned butter and garlic mixture has reached room temperature, add it to the bowl of a food processor along with the arugula, parmesan, and toasted pine nuts. Blend this until it is smooth—you want it to be loose and easily spreadable.