MEGHAN MARKLE’S FAVOURITE RECIPES
We’ve paused for few days the pubblication of #sussexsquad’s recipe, but don’t worry! We celebrate Meghan’s birthday and so we suggest to take a look to her favourite recipes! Take inspiration!
Consider to participate to our GIVE-AWAY, follow this link to all details. You can win 1 of 3 “Together-our community cookbook“
Dont’ forget we have a foundraiser #inspiredByMeghan running till the 15th of september, help sub-african girls to go to school, follow this link and donate!!
NOW THE RECIPE OF TODAY
Basically, you build your glass with seasonal farmers market ingredients to create a fresh and herbaceous nod to summer. Any or all of the above listed ingredients are great, but the key pieces are citrus and herbs. If you don’t have grapefruit, lemon works. No radish, no problem.
- Stack a sprinkling of the cucumber/mint/celery/radish/lime into the glass. Fill glass with ice.
- In a shaker, add a couple ounces of gin and a splash of the maraschino cherry liqueur.
Don’t be scared on the name of the latter – I personally loathe syrupy sweet drinks but this has just enough of a subtle sweetness that it really acts as more of a back note in the drink. Plus the maraschino cherry of it all reminds me of drinking Shirley temples as a little girl. My, have we grown up.
- Shake the alcohols hard with ice.
- Back to your glass – pour a two count of tonic and a three count of soda water.
I don’t gravitate to the taste of tonic so I always go heavier on the soda, but feel free to reverse the measurements of these two, or play around with it to taste.
- Strain the gin and liqueur mixture into the two glasses, splitting equally. Finish each drink with a twist of the grapefruit over the top.
This is also a great and easy drink to make as a pitcher for friends
Wow, looks absolutely delic..trying it soon.