MEGHAN MARKLE’S FAVOURITE RECIPES
We’ve paused for few days the pubblication of #sussexsquad’s recipe, but don’t worry! We celebrate Meghan’s birthday and so we suggest to take a look to her favourite recipes! Take inspiration!
Consider to participate to our GIVE-AWAY, follow this link to all details. You can win 1 of 3 “Together-our community cookbook“
Dont’ forget we have a foundraiser #inspiredByMeghan running till the 15th of september, help sub-african girls to go to school, follow this link and donate!!
NOW THE RECIPE OF TODAY
1 cup sushi rice
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
½ teaspoon sriracha, or more to taste
1 garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1⅓ cups diced European cucumber
1 cup peeled and diced carrot
1 avocado—halved, pitted and diced
3 green onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. MAKE THE RICE CUPS: In a medium pot, bring the rice and 1⅓ cups water to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and cook until the rice has absorbed the water, 17 to 20 minutes.
2. Transfer the rice to a medium bowl and stir in the rice vinegar until the rice is sticky enough to hold together when you press it.
3. Line each cavity of a 12-cup muffin pan with parchment paper and spray the paper lightly with nonstick spray.
4. Divide the rice evenly among the cavities of the muffin pan, pressing it into the base and up the sides to make compact rice cups. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. MAKE THE FILLING: Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha, garlic and ginger. Mix in the cucumber, carrot, avocado, green onions, cilantro and sesame seeds.
6. Grasp the paper to lift the rice cups out of the pan. Peel away the paper and transfer the rice cups to a large platter. Divide the vegetable mixture among the rice cups.