MEGHAN MARKLE’S FAVOURITE RECIPES
We’ve paused for few days the pubblication of #sussexsquad’s recipe, but don’t worry! We celebrate Meghan’s birthday and so we suggest to take a look to her favourite recipes! Take inspiration!
Consider to participate to our GIVE-AWAY, follow this link to all details. You can win 1 of 3 “Together-our community cookbook“
Dont’ forget we have a foundraiser #inspiredByMeghan running till the 15th of september, help sub-african girls to go to school, follow this link and donate!!
NOW THE RECIPE OF TODAY
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- 3/4 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp blackening seasoning
- 1 tsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 slices whole grain sourdough bread
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Olive or avocado oil spray
- 1 oz good quality parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1/4 cup homemade Caesar dressing
- Mix cleaned shrimp with lemon juice in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with blackening seasoning and toss to coat. Drizzle with oil and stir again to coat. Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Cut romaine in half lengthwise. Slice onion into coins. Sprinkle lettuce with salt and pepper. Spray lettuce, onion, and bread with oil.
- Place onion and bread on the top rack of the grill or on indirect heat. Place shrimp over direct heat. Cook 2-3 minutes per side and remove from heat.
- Place lettuce, cut side down, onto direct heat. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until grill marks appear and cut side is just slightly wilted. Remove from grill.
- Continue cooking onion until soft. Continue cooking bread until crispy (for croutons), then remove both from heat. Cut grilled bread into 1-inch cubes.
- To assemble salads, divide lettuce between 2 plates. Top with shrimp, grilled onion, and croutons. Shave parmesan over salads and serve with homemade Caesar dressing.