MEGHAN MARKLE’S FAVOURITE RECIPES
We’ve paused for few days the pubblication of #sussexsquad’s recipe, but don’t worry! We celebrate Meghan’s birthday and so we suggest to take a look to her favourite recipes! Take inspiration!
Consider to participate to our GIVE-AWAY, follow this link to all details. You can win 1 of 3 “Together-our community cookbook“
Dont’ forget we have a foundraiser #inspiredByMeghan running till the 15th of september, help sub-african girls to go to school, follow this link and donate!!
NOW THE RECIPE OF TODAY
CRISPY BAKED FISH
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons store-bought taco seasoning
1¾ pounds tilapia, cut into 1½-inch-wide strips
2 cups shredded red cabbage
2 cups shredded green cabbage
2 carrots, peeled and shredded
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 jalapeño, minced
Zest and juice of 1 lime
¼ cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
¾ cup sour cream
Zest and juice of 1 lime
¼ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
1. MAKE THE CRISPY BAKED FISH: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray it generously with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. In another wide, shallow bowl, whisk the flour with the taco seasoning to combine.
3. Working in batches, dip the fish into the egg and then into the flour mixture, tossing well to coat. Place the breaded fish on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the strips are breaded. Spray the top of the fish with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Bake the fish until they are golden brown and very crisp, 20 to 25 minutes. Flip the fish with a spatula halfway through cooking to brown on both sides. Remove from the oven and set aside.
5. MAKE THE CABBAGE SLAW: In a large bowl, toss the red cabbage with the green cabbage, carrots, red onion, jalapeño, lime zest, lime juice, rice vinegar and olive oil to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
6. MAKE THE TACOS: In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream with the lime zest and lime juice to combine. Set aside. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, place 2 or 3 tortillas in the pan and heat until lightly browned on both sides, 1 minute per side. Repeat until all tortillas are toasted.
7. To serve, place 3 tortillas on each plate, and fill each tortilla with 1 or 2 pieces of fish. Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of slaw on top of each taco and drizzle each taco with 1 to 2 teaspoons of the sour cream. Garnish each plate with 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves.