Traditional Spanish dish!
Author: Love_Sussex_HM Serves: 6 Time: 1 hour
- 1kg of patatoes (around 5 large patatoes)
- 1 onion
- 8 eggs
- Light olive oil (to fry)
- Salt to taste (I use 2tsp)
- Cut the onion in dices, peel and cut the potatoes into slices. (Don’t make them too thin)
- Heat up a pan with sufficient oil to fry.
- Once the oil is ready to fry pour the potatoes and onions inside. Fry them until they start to get golden.
- When they are done frying take them out and put them in a plate with some paper towels to take all the extra oil out. Beat up the 8 eggs into a large bowl and add the salt to taste
- Now, put the fried potatoes inside the bowl and mix everything together.
- Once done, heat up 1 or 2 tbsp of oil and pour the mixture inside. Cook it at a medium heat for a few minutes.
- With the help of a plate, we turn the omelette over. We continue cooking another few minutes on the other side, until golden in both sides.
- Once cooked, put it into a plate and it is ready to serve!