- 1 cup water
- 2 ½ tablespoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- ½ cup white sugar, or to taste
- 1tsp of cinnamon (optional)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in a deep fryer or deep pot to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Make the shape of the churro right before dropping it onto the hot oil, you can also make them like a stick using a piping bag or a ziplock (easier).
- Do not overcrowd the oil. Fry until golden, drain on paper towels.
- Combine 1/2 cup of white sugar and the cinnamon if desired. Roll drained churros in sugar mixture.