Author: Furqan @FurqanReisen Serves: 8 slices, Time: 15′ prep + 40′
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6-8 plums
- granulated sugar and ground cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (170°C)
- Melt the butter and the sugar in a pot on low heat and stir until will combined.
- Set aside to cool down to room temperature.
- Cut the plumes to thin wedges and remove the stones.
- Add the flour, the egg yolk and the vanilla extract to the butter mix.
- Work it with your fingers until you get a crumby dough.
- Line a pan (diameter 10 cm) with butter.
- Pour about 3/4 of the dough to the pan and press to form the base.
- Arrange the plum wedges on the pie base
- Crumble the rest of the dough with fingers and sprinkle on the plums.
- Sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Bake for about 40′.
- Let it cool to room temperature before slicing.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the side.