Author: Furqan @FurqanReisen Serve: 8 slices, Time: 15′ prep + 45′
- 2/3 cup of soft unsalted butter
- 1cup of brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6-8 dried moist figs chopped to small pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
sift the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, clove and ginger together and leave to the side
beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth
add an egg and the vanilla extract then mix, then add 1/3 of the flour mixture then mix.
add another egg then mix, then 1/3 of the flour mixture then mix.
add the last egg then mix, then the rest of the flour mixture and mix.
fold in the dried figs.
line a medium size springform pan with butter and flour or with parchment paper.
pour the mixture in the pan.
Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes at 360 F (180 C).