Author: @Mia_Squaddie Serves: 12 slices Time: 15′ prep + 45′
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (100 ml.)
- 1/2 cup sugar (100 gr.) *A little more if the apples are not sweet
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (7 gr.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (4 gr.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour (300 gr.)
- 2 medium red apples – chopped
- Sugar and cinnamon to sprinkle on top
Add the ingredients in the order listed, mixing well after incorporating each one.
Prep a 9 inch springform pan (or any medium pan), pour the mix, and press down until it’s leveled. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top.
Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes at 350 F (175 C).
Story of the recipe
My youngest daughter loves to bake and she came up with her own apple cake recipe.
We’ve tweaked it through the years until we settled on this version. It’s perfect to make with kids because it’s so simple.
I hope you try it! I know you’ll love it.